Monday, February 15, 2010

Emma's 11th Birthday

Emma's birthday was yesterday, Valentine's Day. She had a friend over to decorate cupcakes and watch a movie Saturday afternoon, so we had a really relaxing day on Sunday for her actual birthday. She wanted me to hide her presents and let her open them Sunday morning before we went to Church, so I did. She got some cute shirts, a subscription to Discovery Girls magazine, a flashlight, Jenga, a calendar, and Reeses candy--all items from her birthday list. With money she got from family members, she bought a new DS game and made a watch (see pictures). She's got some money left over, so she's planning to make another watch and save some money for later. She also received some really pretty earrings from Aunt Christina.I made her a quilted bag with some fabric she picked out a few weeks ago, but I finished it in time for her birthday.
After church, we convinced Lauren to lay on the floor, let us light a match on her tummy, cover the match with a jar, and watch her stomach get sucked up into the jar when the match burnt out. Emma refused to participate, but Landon and I each did it once. After playing Jenga and making tummy vacuums, we made homemade pizzas with Aunt Christina's BBQ chicken pizza recipe. It's a ton of work and very time-consuming, but so yummy.We had brownies and ice cream for dessert.
Today we went to Porter's and each of the girls used their own money to make their own watches. Each watch cost about $17 and the girls were thrilled that they learned how to make these trendy little watches on their own.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday Emma!!! Happy late birthday!!

Shannon said...

Emma looks so grown-up; she is so clever to make so many different kinds of things.

Lorina LeFevre said...

What a great birthday! I'm glad it was a happy one. I hope this year is your best one yet. Love you!!! :?)