
This is what we ate for dinner Monday night. This recipe is in the Cooking Fevre cookbook, friends and family edition. It was sooo tasty!!!
In Emma's 5th grade class they're in "book groups." After every book they finish, they are required to do some kind project relating to the book. She had to make a puppet based on a main character for the book, Angel on the Square. The puppet she made is the empress of Russia.
This is the dinner we ate tonight. Landon made the best homemade ribs I've ever tasted, I tried a new bread recipe (the texture is really soft, more like store-bought bread...you use something called "vital wheat gluten" and add either crushed up vitamin C, or lemon juice), and asparagus fried with bacon. We tried Mary's Jello Salad from our 2nd edition cookbook for dessert. It was such a delicious dinner! The bread was really soft, even though I also added half wheat flour with the white flour. It made 4 loaves, so I delivered some bread and jam to my visiting teaching ladies. (A classic end of the month idea.)Notice the red dishes in the picture. I bought a new set of dishes with my Christmas money this year. It is a place setting for 12 that includes dinner plates, salad plates, dessert plates, mugs, cereal bowls and dip bowls. I got it from JC Penney.com and saved tons of money on them. They were backordered until February, so we just received them about 2 weeks ago. Love them.
Lauren came home sick on Thursday with a stomach problem, so she stayed home Friday too. She's going back to school tomorrow and feels lots better. Because I missed some work hours, I went in on Saturday with Landon and made copies, entered grades, and graded papers. I love that I can make up hours and that I can leave to take care of my kids any time I need to. It's a great job and I love it.
The girls watched Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs this weekend. When it was over, Lauren said, "If I could make it rain some kind of food, I would have it rain pirogies and have a giant swimming pool with caffeine-free diet Pepsi that I could drink anytime I wanted." Emma said she would have it rain BBQ chicken pizza and BLTs.
The girls had their well-child checkups this week, too. Emma is 5'1" and Lauren is 4'8". They are both in the 95th percentile for both height and weight. No surprise there. They have been since they day they were born.
That's the extent of the excitement for the week. Looking forward to another exciting week beginning tomorrow.
4 comments:
Your blogs just make me happy--food, cute kids and a happy mama. Life sounds good in Idaho. Can't wait to visit next month.
That first thing w the shrimp...that looks freaking good!!!
Some day I want you and Landon come to my home and cook for me. You guys always have the best food. I love that puppet that Emma made and I'm glad to hear Lauren is feeling better.
I am with Emma...love me some BBQ pizza.
Post a Comment