Thursday, March 11, 2010

Lauren's 9th Birthday

The baby turned 9 yesterday. Somewhere along the line, the girls developed the way they want their birthday presents. They request that we hide them and then let them look for them first thing in the morning before work/school. Landon and I never did this as kids and we've never introduced that idea to them. They just request that we do that every year. So we all got up early, so we had enough time for Lauren to hunt for her presents.
She had a very specific birthday list and we did our best to get her what she wanted. She got a dress, some Slim Jims, a "ginormous" Symphony bar with blue writing, Disney "Scene it" game, a bag made by mom, gel pens and some "squishies." Squishies are little sticky, rubbery, slimy things that come in little plastic bubbles in $.25 vending machines at K-mart. She also got lots of cash from various relatives. I got her a Mylar balloon and dropped it off at her school to be delivered to her classroom at recess. That was a huge surprise, because in the past when she's told me she would like me to do that for her, I said "No way! Maybe in high school, but it's ridiculous when people do that for kids in elementary school. It's just inappropriate and dumb." I'm such a pushover with my girls.
*Thanks to all the family members who sent money and cards and called Lauren. She's really excited to spend her money.*
Lauren wanted to go to NY Burrito for dinner, so we did. It was awesome not to cook a big birthday dinner.We went to the frozen yogurt shop for dessert #1.Lauren just wanted a low-key family night for her birthday celebration. We played Farkle and Uno Attack. It was pretty fun.This was dessert #2. She wanted a store bought cake for her birthday cake. Fine with me!! It was lovely.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a happy, loving day for our princess!!

Heidi said...

Happy birthday Lauren!!!! We're so glad you had such a wonderful day. :)

weasel said...

Sorry I didn't call...crappy week! Sounds like she had a great day! I forgot to tell you Nase said you looked like you had lost a lot! You look good! Happy Birthday!

Shannon said...

Lauren--I want you to plan my next birthday because you are such a fun-loving girl. Hope you had a happy day.

Lorina LeFevre said...

It sounds like Lauren had a great birthday!! I hope this year is your best yet. Love you.