Monday, March 29, 2010

Visit from Shannon

After a super-busy, stressful week, we had a nice weekend with Aunt Shannon. We picked her up at the airport Saturday morning and then ran some shopping errands in Idaho Falls. We got home, then just stayed there the rest of the day.
Landon went with our neighbor, Brook, and bought a truckload of bark to beautify the outside of our building. We pay HOA fees for this purpose, but we like to go the extra mile and make it look nicer than everyone else's building. Brook is pretty intense and we just go along with her.
I did my last sharing time of the month on Sunday and was sooo glad when it was over. Landon happened to be subbing in Lauren's class (Shannon went with him), and he mentioned that my sharing time was good on paper, but he could see that I wasn't having much fun. I guess I need to work on enjoying the experience instead of just enduring it. Last week, I was asked to take on the 66-child nursery as an additional responsibility for my calling and I didn't hesitate to say no. I just can't.
We had homemade hamburgers for dinner yesterday (instead of frozen patties) and Landon couldn't stop moaning. I guess we're only doing it that way from now on.
Today I dropped Shannon off at school to help Landon in his classroom while I took Lauren to the doctor's office. She has this recurring sinus/congestion/cough that is back again. She's been on 3 different antibiotics since December, but can't seem to get rid of this problem. We're on antibiotic number 4, an inhaler, and a nasal steroid plus Tylenol with codeine so she can sleep through the cough at night. If this doesn't work, we're off to the Ear, Nose, Throat specialist.
I'll try to take some pictures this week, but for this post, just try to imagine how much fun we're having.

6 comments:

weasel said...

Um, the president is supposed to be over 18mon - 3 yr olds...that's not too many kids compared to the other counselors...glad you put your foot down! I seriously had the worst experience in Primary I hve ever had, yesterday. Think I am going to go in to talk to the Bishop!!!

Stacy LeFevre said...

66 Kids in Nursery!! They better have that split into 5-6 different classes!! That's totally insane!

Kris said...

Erin I so miss your awesomeness!

Lorina LeFevre said...

It sounds like you are all having fun. Landon probably enjoyed having an assistant and I can tell the girls enjoyed having an aunt around. Erin, you should of traded the nursery kids for no more sharing time. You missed your chance. We only have 6-8 kids in our nursery, I'm not sure I would want to many more than that, just because they are so little and can't do a whole lot on their own. On second thought, maybe saying no was wise afterall. :?)

Erin said...

No, they wanted me to take on the nursery in addition to my other 6 primary classes and in addition to everything else I already do, including sharing time.

Shannon said...

I think nursery must be just like the seventh circle of hell...I was a nursery leader and I cried every Sunday.