Thursday, August 26, 2010

First Day of School

Everyone went back to school yesterday except for me! I'm looking for another perfect job, like I had last year. Preferably 9:00 to 2:00, 4 days a week, working for the school district so I get the same days off as the girls. If that doesn't pan out, I'm still on the sub list.
But enough about me! Here's what the girls looked like on their first day of 4th and 6th grades:

Lauren has Miss Rasmussen this year. There are only 21 kids in her class, because 2 days before school started, they hired an additional 4th grade teacher, so now there are 3 4th grade classes. Lauren is happy with the kids in her class so far, and she loves her teacher right now. She had a great first day, and even had a little bit of homework! Last year she had homework about three times all year and I wasn't very happy about it. I hope this year she gets enough to get in shape for middle school! Here's our 6th grade beauty! She had wanted "gaucho" type pants for a LONG time and we finally found some online at Target for only $10 each. We ordered them last week and they arrived the day before school started so Emma could wear them on the first day. She was so excited! She has them in brown and black. We'll do a "fashion show" blog post with Emma's new outfits later. Emma is in her 2nd year at Madison Middle School, so she changes classes every hour now. She gets a locker this year, which is pretty exciting for her. This trimester she has PE everyday, which is not her favorite subject. She has it the last hour of the day and has to change her clothes in the locker room and everything, but showers are optional. She also has orchestra everyday this year, and will have her ballroom dance class every Wednesday after school. She is so excited to be back in school. She told me the other day that she couldn't wait to get back into a regular routine with homework and projects and a schedule with stuff to do everyday. She had had it with the long, leisurely summer. Here's my sexy teacher husband on his first day of 3rd grade (again)! All the teachers and staff were given that red shirt to wear the first day of school and every Friday this year. It goes along with their theme, whatever that is. Something about responsibility, respect and blah blah blah. He has a class of 15 boys and 10 girls this year. He was a little discouraged when he came home yesterday, because he forgets how young the little kids are when they show up for their first day of 3rd grade. He realizes how much they grow and learn by the end of the year, and how much work he has to do to get them to that point. He has a really bad memory and acts surprised when I remind him that he feels this way every year. He always thinks this is the first class that has so far to go and so much to learn.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Poor Landon. We have to wear blue shirts on Friday because it is the school color but I have a feeling we will all look like we belong to a cult.

Heidi said...

Everybody looks wonderful!

weasel said...

Landon looks slim! Like that shirt! I had a love/hate relationship w the first day of school...I usually liked once the first week was over!

Lorina LeFevre said...

I'm glad everyone had a great first day. Love the outfits!!

J Luke said...

I was thinking the same thing as weasel, did Landon lose weight? Looking good, all of you!