Monday, February 7, 2011
Weekend Events
This weekend I made German Pancakes again, but I cooked it in our cast-iron skillet in the oven and it was so good I made it both Saturday and Sunday for breakfast. We usually eat it with syrup and powdered sugar, but Sunday morning Landon cooked some apples to eat on top of his piece. 
Last Saturday night when I was kissing Emma goodnight, she was "boobin'" (our word for whining or crying) about not having any skirts or dresses that were long enough. She always has to cover her knees with a coat when she sits at church. Well, since we still don't have any money, I dug through my fabric supply and found some that she actually approved of and made her a 30 minute skirt. She wore it to church yesterday and says she loves it.
Landon and I celebrated 16 years of wedded bliss Friday. (This is us just before church...Landon doesn't wear a suit when we go out on dates.) We broke in our new credit card with a lunch at Stockman's restaurant in Rigby. It was sooooo good!!! I love that place. I had prime rib, mashed potatoes/gravy, veggies and a salad with homemade blue cheese dressing. Landon had the all-you-can-eat sirloin steak, french fries and a salad with blue cheese. It was such a treat! We went to Idaho Falls and walked around Ross, TJ Maxx, Bed Bath and Beyond and Sportsman's Warehouse. We just "window shopped" but for us, it's a fun way to talk and spend time together.
Yesterday we had a Super Bowl party! Emma had an appointment with the bishop right after church (so they'll let her out of Primary!), so Landon and Lauren did a lot of the prep work for the party. We had hamburger sliders, chips with spicy cheese dip, guacamole, and diet Pepsi/Capri-suns plus these mini-apple pies for dessert (I used jumbo muffin tins):
I hate making homemade pie crust, by the way. These turned out fantastic and the crust was delicious and flaky, but I'd rather make multiple loaves of bread, rolls, biscuits, etc. than deal with making pie crust. Notice the crumb topping...it was so I didn't have to make more crust to put on top.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Love the skirt! Your party looks nummy. You guys are so cute...I see BISHOP when I that picture.
I love the way that you all have fun and eat so well. A little jealous.
Emma is so cute! And congrats on celebrating 16 years. I love how you guys always have the best food at your house. Your german pancake looks fabulous, can you send me the recipe? Mine never ever look that good.
What a cute skirt, does it really only take 30 minutes? Good pic of you two, I hope you get to enjoy many more years together. Love you both!
Post a Comment