The first day of school went really well for everyone! Landon only has 18 students this year, which he loves. Lauren LOVES Mr. Wilson, her teacher. She was particularly happy that he allows any food, gum or drink in his classroom, as long as it doesn't distract. I told her we should hook her up with a huge 44-ounce diet Pepsi and a bag of chips that she can plop down on her desk and eat throughout the day, just to see his reaction. Emma's first day of Junior High was potentially stressful, since they remodeled the old high school and turned it into the Jr. High and all 3 grades were new to the school this year. They hadn't finished in time to allow for tours or even a peek down the hallway, so she got to school completely unaware of where anything was. Luckily everyone was in the same situation and they herded the kids into the gym for an assembly, and oriented everyone. She seemed to have a good day.
I tried extra hard to be a good mom so I crimped Lauren's hair, flat-ironed Emma's hair, made 3 sack lunches, cooked ham and eggs for breakfast, dropped off Emma, went inside with Lauren, then spent the whole day on the phone with one hand, cooking and cleaning with the other because I had book group at 7:00 that night. I had gotten up at 4:00am due to a sad phone call from my mom letting me know that Nanny had died. It was a very full day. We all went to bed exhausted! But of course the most important thing is that the girls (and Landon) looked fantastic on their first day, as you can see from the pictures...




I took this picture of Emma on Sunday just before church...
How appropriate that she used to love butterflies? She has completely metamorphosed this summer, hasn't she?
3 comments:
I love first day of school pix...you guys look awesome.
Looks like everybody was really spiffy, hope this is the best schoolyear yet!
I've said it before, that girl is stunning!
Post a Comment