The whole dance thing always starts with getting that dang bun perfected! We used a hairnet this time and it seemed a lot easier:

This is Lauren's first year participating in IBA. She's doing the Greased Lightning dance (swing), which Emma did in 5th grade. Here she is all set to dance:
Landon, Nana and I sat and watched the kids during their stage practice time, several hours before the show. Later, Nana and Landon left to go shopping and get dinner for us. We ate Jimmy Johns sandwiches, sitting on the floor of the dimly-lit hallway of the high school that the auditorium is attached to. It was magical.
Here is a poorly-executed video of Lauren dancing. She is the cute one in the middle, in the front. She's really bouncy. She eventually moves to the back and then comes back to the front again. She smiled the whole time and I was actually moved to tears with pride when I was watching her! She was just soooo cute up there.

This is Lauren's first year participating in IBA. She's doing the Greased Lightning dance (swing), which Emma did in 5th grade. Here she is all set to dance:
Landon, Nana and I sat and watched the kids during their stage practice time, several hours before the show. Later, Nana and Landon left to go shopping and get dinner for us. We ate Jimmy Johns sandwiches, sitting on the floor of the dimly-lit hallway of the high school that the auditorium is attached to. It was magical.
Here is a poorly-executed video of Lauren dancing. She is the cute one in the middle, in the front. She's really bouncy. She eventually moves to the back and then comes back to the front again. She smiled the whole time and I was actually moved to tears with pride when I was watching her! She was just soooo cute up there. Emma danced to Another One Bites The Dust (paso doble). Her class had only gone through the entire routine two or three times before this performance. It was a little rough, but still fun to watch. Emma loves her costume. She looks about as "bad-ass" as she'll ever look, I'm guessing. (She's at the very back, on the right side. It's hard to see her.)
At the end of the show Nana gave them each a bouquet of flowers! It was such a nice surprise for them and something they've never gotten before, so they were pretty happy.




At the end of the show Nana gave them each a bouquet of flowers! It was such a nice surprise for them and something they've never gotten before, so they were pretty happy.




7 comments:
Such pretty cool with cool interests! I hope my kids are interested in stuff that is fun for the parents to watch!!!!
I meant to say Such pretty girls with cool interests.
Such a great night!!!
They are so cute and I love that they have the chance to do fun things and gain poise and confidence.
I remember seeing Emma dance to "Greased Lightning." They both look so cute and grown up.
I love Emma's skirt or dress, I would so wear that to church or work! Lauren is cute & looks happy, but I seriously can't believe how grown up & pretty Ems is looking - it's freaking me out!
They both looked wonderful!
Post a Comment