Wednesday, January 9, 2013

New Year Updates


It may be hard to see from this picture, but Levi is HUGE!  He is as long or longer than his bouncy seat and his bottom almost touches the floor when he sits in it.  We like it because when he's constipated, we put him in the seat and turn on a Baby Genius DVD.  Most of the time we can expect a good blowout.
One of the many happy faces of Levi.
Notice how close his head is to the top of the bouncy seat. 

He's just super cute.  

Lauren is great about getting down on the floor and playing with Levi. 

He will have his 4 month appointment on January 22.  I'm guessing close to 20 pounds and around 27 inches or so.  I recently found one of Lauren's old growth charts.  She was 19 pounds at 10 months.
He smiles all the time.  He also giggles a lot.  At this point he clearly prefers his mom, then his dad, then his sisters.  It's fun to see that he can differentiate between everyone and clearly prefers his family over strangers, too.
On New Year's Eve we made homemade pizzas and had Caroline Bates over to hang out with the girls.  They all stayed up until midnight, but Landon, Levi and I went to bed around 9 or so.  At 11:45, Levi woke up to eat, so I was awake until about 12:30.  First time in years that I "saw in" the new year.  We made delicious crepes for breakfast and had a lazy day.  Late that afternoon we went to Pizza Pie Cafe (gross) with the Bates family and called it a day.  The next day everyone went back to school!  Such a short break this year.
On New Year's Eve Landon, Lauren and I worked together for a couple of hours to clean out Lauren's room (yet again).  This time we removed 6 bags of DI crap, 2 bags of garbage and 2 boxes filled with crap for Landon's "prize drawer" at school.  I have no idea where it all comes from.  All I know is this time she actually has empty shelves and everything she owns has a home.  Hopefully she can keep it somewhat clean for more than 2 months.
Emma took this picture, I think.  The other day she made bacon-wrapped chicken with honey mustard sauce, roasted potatoes and homemade coleslaw.  She is getting to be such a good cook that I am starting to take it for granted!  


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I live for your pictures. Quite the awesome gang you have. I'm missing you so much!

Wendy said...

He is so tall! Being tall is so cool, especially if you are a dude! What percentile is he in height?

Lorina LeFevre said...

He is just so cute! I can't wait to hold him. I'm excited to see all of you. Emma cooks way better than me already, good for her and way lucky for you. Lauren seems to excel at the fine art of gathering, baby cooing and after her Aunt Lorina's heart, pinterest junkie. Love you guys!!!