Sunday, March 22, 2009

Visit From Grammy

So the festivities have begun for Lauren's baptism next week. My mom came into town Friday night and we've been having fun since she got here. We did a lot of shopping yesterday. I bought Twilight, the movie, and made my mom watch it last night. She didn't enjoy it, but at least she knows what everyone's talking about now. We went to Church today and made a big turkey dinner this afternoon. We tried out a new hamburger place in Rigby yesterday called "Tam's." It isn't as good as the Backyard in Rexburg, but it was still good.Grammy brought the girls new skirts she had made and some fabric and patterns to make more while I'm subbing tomorrow and Tuesday.Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls, corn, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and grape "salad." (Buttermilk pie with strawberry sauce for dessert)
Here's the grape salad/dessert recipe: 4 lbs red or green grapes (we did 2lbs of each), 8 oz. cream cheese, 8 oz. sour cream, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 cup chopped pecans. Blend the cream cheese, sour cream and white sugar together, toss with grapes to coat. Spread into a 9 X 13 pan, sprinkle brown sugar, top with pecans, chill. Soooo Good!

Watching the movie "Annie" after a very heavy dinner.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Love the skirt!

Heidi said...

Glad you guys are having fun with Grammy. I caved and Jason and I watched Twilight on Saturday night. It was interesting. I've never read the books so I wasn't sure what to expect. I kind of want to see it again. And it must have been good, because Jason stayed awake during all of it and that's a big deal for him.

weasel said...

So Nase only worked 5 hours yesterday and didn't today...he came in this morning and said "let's go to Idaho". I wouldn't be suprised if he missed a few more days this week and maybe call you to come up sooner. How do you guys feel about that? Let me know!