Saturday, May 30, 2009

Garage Sale, Big Jud's

Last night Landon went to the father/son campout. I went to bed at about 10:15pm after watching a very disturbing Dateline about a scary murderer. After I fell asleep, I was awakened by the sound of the front door softly clicking closed, then the next thing I knew there was an enormous man standing at the end of my bed staring at me. Turns out it was Landon, but I almost peed my pants. Turns out, he missed us and decided to come home. He also didn't want to blow up his air mattress and sleep in the bed of the truck in the open air.
This morning we went garage sale shopping in the Jones's neighborhood. We came home with 2 sleeping bags for the girls (thanks for the screaming deal Jones family!), a puzzle, a book, 2 white boards for the girls' rooms, and a grill basket to cook food over a fire.
We also went to Big Jud's this afternoon. We went with the Allen's (our neighbors). It was so good! We enjoyed the Big Jud Big Deal. It's perfect for Emma, Landon and me to split it and still feel like we need a long nap when we're done. (Lauren got a kid's meal.)
Because the weather's been really warm (mid 80's) Lauren's been outside playing a lot. She has sunburned shoulders. Hard to see in this picture, but just believe me. She's burnt.

We've been taking care of the Kimpel's animals while they're out of town for a few days. Katrina Kimpel is Emma's best friend. They live on about 2 acres and do "hobby farming." We're responsible for feeding/watering 23 meat chicks, about 12 hens and 1 rooster, 2 dairy goats, a dog with an arthritic hip, a 3-legged cat and a normal cat. We also water their huge garden. We go over morning and evening every day until Monday night. They have about 40 huge lilac bushes lining their property, so we brought some home. They're nauseatingly fragrant.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

I still remember the night before you got married when everyone except for Laurie and me were setting up for the reception. We were watching "Unsolved Mysteries" and it scared the ever-living crap out of me. Good times.

Shannon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Landon was lucky you didn't bust a cap on his middle-of-the-night butt!!

newbigdogjason said...

Well now I know we will have to come down just to eat at Big Jud that hambuger look so good!

newbigdogjason said...

Well now I know we will have to come down just to eat at Big Jud that hambuger look so good!