Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

Today we went to the zoo in Idaho Falls (Tautphas Park Zoo). The Idaho Falls Zoo is the lamest zoo I've ever been to, but we still go about once a year. After the zoo, we drove up into the mountains for a cook out. We cooked bratwurst (or bratHORST, as the girls say) over the fire and supplemented with chips and Walmart mustard potato salad (my favorite store-bought potato salad). The girls climbed down a cliff to a little stream and had a blast playing in the water. We should have just avoided the zoo and gone straight to the cook out. It took us over 2 hours to get home on bumpy, dusty, rocky, dirt roads. Landon said Pa would have loved it.
This is the big highlight of the zoo...a baby camel. He seemed all tuckered out (or dead) when we were there.

There is an emu in the picture above the donkey picture. It's a horrible picture, but the only one that had me in it. I wanted to show proof that I was with everyone today.

The girls found walking sticks and explored before we ate lunch today.

Cooking the brats.

Enjoying our tasty lunch. Fake smiles all around.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

The bratwurst looks tasty!

weasel said...

I like that potatoe salad too, I always add some more red potatoes. That camel...probably not dead - ha ha, that part was funny! I remember doing outdoor adventures when I lived w you - miss that! We have been fishing a lot, that is about the size of our outdoor adventures!

Stacy LeFevre said...

If the Idaho Falls Zoo is bad in your eyes, I will suggest you never go to the zoo in Vegas! :)