The school district has a grant to provide free school lunches for kids ages 1 to 18 at two city parks Monday through Friday during the summer. We packed our three bikes in the back of the truck and rode bikes around Porter Park 10 times (about 4 miles) after eating free lunch. One day we rode 6 times around Smith Park (about 2.4 miles) after eating free lunch. The girls and I love riding our bikes together. Saturday we rode from our house all the way to Wendy's! We called Landon to pick us up after we ate lunch at Wendy's. We figured it was about 4-5 miles, one way.
We took advantage of any time we had to spend with Dad when he wasn't at school or writing a paper or studying. He willingly went with us to see the Hannah Montana movie (he's very easily persuaded when there's popcorn involved). That movie was surprisingly fun to watch. It wasn't nearly as dumb as the TV show. We also spent a day in Idaho Falls eating ice cream at Reeds Dairy, samples at Sam's Club and lunch at Cafe Rio.
In the summer the cheap movie theater in town offers kids' movies every week. You buy a punch card from your school PTO for $8 and for every kid that gets in on the punch card, an adult gets in free. We went to Kitt Kittredge yesterday after our bike ride. That's a cute movie and it gave Landon more time to study while we were out of the house.
Swimming lessons start tomorrow, so the girls are excited about another activity added to the weekly schedule.
All of Lauren's friends are getting glasses, so she decided to buy some fake glasses to wear since she doesn't actually need glasses. She looks really cute wearing her glasses everywhere. I think it's really funny that she insists on wearing them. We went to Claires in IF and these were only $1.
We just discovered Reed's Dairy! It's like a very miniature version of the Tillamook cheese factory. The ice cream is fantastic! Actually, the best ice cream we've found in Idaho so far. They don't actually have a factory where the public can see them making food, but the cows are right there by the store, and they make the milk and ice cream on site.
When we went on our bike ride to Wendy's yesterday, we stopped at Valley Wide for a drink and some gummy bears. (That's the gas station about a mile or so from our house.) This is a video I took while we were riding on the city bike path between the Teton river and K-Mart.
Our original goal was to ride to the Nature Park, which we did. After we arrived, I asked if the girls wanted to go farther and explore the city bike path. We ended up just having a quick rest at the Nature Park then going on from there.
Lauren fell after trying to ride her bike between a hedge and a mailbox. This is her injury.
Sweet rewards.
4 comments:
Erin, I am just so impressed with your ability to ride, talk and make a movie all at once. Such coordination!! You girls are a great inspiration to all of us couch potatoes.
Will you adopt me?! I don't know if it is Idaho or the LeFevres but you come up with the best ideas for fun.
Sounds like a fun summer so far! It seems like our summer hasn't started because there has been so much rain. You were right, fyi, it was Nebo loop that we went to today!~ Were you riding your bike and taking the video?! I'm so impressed...I am not that skilled!
I'm jealous of your fun time so far.
I have some things for Emma for braces.I wore my braces for about 28 months. But she can change the bands and she should have lots of choices. Lindsey came with me once and I was wearing bright pink bands for a couple of months.
Post a Comment