Friday, August 13, 2010

Another Fun Cookout

We had a dutch oven cookout at Beaver Dick park with Jenn and Allen and family, last Sunday evening. We love hanging out with their family. It was a perfect way to spend a Sunday evening.The menu was coca-cola chicken, dutch oven potatoes, fruit pizza and s'mores with giant marshmallows. I thought everything was amazing!

The kids loved roasting the huge marshmallows. The Jones' have Tyler-age 9, McKenna and Kylie-twins age 6, and Braden-age 17 months. See that hole right at the bottom of the above picture? Well, the last time we had a cookout at Beaver Dick park, Lauren dug that little hole. Unfortunately, Braden tripped and fell over that hole every single time he ran past it, which was about 95 times throughout the evening. It was sad, but funny. Landon thought to fill it in just before we left to go home.

Lucky for all of us, Jenn was well-prepared with wet wipes for all the sticky marshmallow fingers. We are lucky to have such good friends in Rexburg. There are always pros and cons to living away from family, but definitely one "pro" is the opportunity to form close, family-like friendships with people like the Jones'.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Holy crap! Where did you find those marshmallows? They remind me of my toes--kind of sad, really.

Anonymous said...

Man, I was going to say that!! No one ever wants to go picnic with old crips. I'm so envious of your huge social circle.

jenny said...

Oh man! I just bought some of those huge marshmallows yesterday thinking it was going to be this great big treat... So much for that idea. We are still bringing them, though. :)

weasel said...

Beaver Dick - ha ha ha...I still have the pics from when we went there, makes me laugh every time!~

Lorina LeFevre said...

How big are those marshmallows?! Too cool!