Tuesday, September 21, 2010

General Update

I haven't been taking a lot of pictures recently, but felt the need to update my faithful blog readers on how we've been doing lately.
Landon got his case study last Wednesday and has been so diligent about working on it. He spent about 8 hours on Saturday writing the introduction section (there are 4 sections for the final paper, I think). He's been really stressed about it for almost a year, but now that he has it and can actually work on it, he's very confident and driven to finish it. The final copy is due on October 15th, but I'm sure he'll be done well before that. If you want a copy of his case study scenario to read, I'd be happy to email it to you. It's pretty interesting. He has to read it, decide what the main problem is and what the 2 secondary problems are, then write a paper discussing his opinion and using about 20-25 academic sources to back up his ideas. The final copy should be at least 35-45 pages long, and knowing Landon, his will be closer to 60 pages. (He's a wordy fella.)
When he gets his Masters degree in December, we're going to celebrate for about a year. (I'm serious...that wasn't exageration...we've made plans.)
Emma continues to do well with her bass and with ballroom dance. She talks to her bass in a baby voice like it's a real baby (kind of weird). She is surviving PE everyday, doing very well in math, reading, and science. She has recently decided to become a floral designer when she grows up. She may become a horticulturist, or a botanist or something like that too. She got a free plant at Celebrate Youth (the community event held the day before school starts) that shrivels up when you touch it and comes back to life about 15 minutes later. We don't know what it is, but she loves it. I measured how tall she is today and she's up to 5 feet 3 1/2 inches, so she's a big 'un.
Lauren loves school, her teacher, her friends, and her squinkies. She loves to play outside, wear tight pants, and make us laugh. She recently announced that it smelled like "cow's ass" outside. I don't know where she learns such inappropriate language! She is really into the "peace" sign, buying earrings, and is looking forward to being a baby for Halloween. (Is anyone surprised that she wants to be a baby?) I've already ordered footy pajamas from Target.com, and she is already asking if we can get her a binky and a bottle now.
I've been substituting now and then, cleaning house for a family friend, and trying to keep the home fires burning so everyone leaves with a smile on their face in the morning. My life is less interesting than everyone else's, unless you consider that I had a big boil on the back of my head for about 5 days. It was well hidden by my hair, but it got so big that it made me dizzy and I had a killer headache, and had to endure 3 inch gray roots until it healed well enough to color my hair safely.
If we make it through the next month, we're going to be a lot more fun to be with. Everybody pray for Landon (and the rest of us) to get through this case study!

7 comments:

Kris said...

Your life is interesting Erin! Your mom, you do it ALL! Go team Lefevre! Good luck to all with the case study, i would love a copy!
Your girls are getting tall, I'm 5'4". Geez!
Your amazing Erin, don't forget it!

Anonymous said...

My wonderful Domestic Engineer Daughter! I would like to see what the big guy is working on. He is sure a determined fella.

Shannon said...

Where did you find that girl?! I love it.

Heidi said...

I'd love to read the case study, send it to me!!! I haven't had my hair colored in months and my gray hair is embarrassing. Getting it done tomorrow thank heavens. I love hearing how your family is doing.

Wendy said...

What are your plans for celebrating for a year?

weasel said...

I wanted to be a Floral designer the longest time!!!

Lorina LeFevre said...

I want to read the case study, too. Justin wanted to be a floral designer, too. (At least one of his girlfriends got him to sign up for a class at the community college). Not sure that counts. ps-I love that Emma talks to her instrument, that's a good sign, right?!