Friday, October 15, 2010

Fun Activity Days

I'm Emma's Activity Days leader (since August) and we had a really fun activity this past week. We took the girls to Evans Hairstyling School for hairstyles and painted fingernails. We had quite a bit of budget money that hadn't been used yet, so we blew about $80 for 11 girls to have some beauty treatment. Lauren's in the younger girls' group, but got to participate since Landon had scouts at the same time and I didn't have anywhere for her to go. She was happy to come along!

This is the group "before."They had fun things painted on their fingernails, like polka dots, spiderwebs and stripes. A lot of the girls chose Halloween colors and designs.

Here are my girls getting their hair done. Some students were quicker than others. We arrived at 4:00 p.m., and most girls were done by 5:00, but there were 2 who weren't done until 5:40. I was annoyed to realize that many kids aren't taught how to behave in public places and I had to get after girls for chasing each other, doing the "worm" in the lobby (on the floor like a break-dancer), and other really rude things. I think we all know that my daughters were sitting politely in chairs looking appropriately horrified at the naughty girls. (Can you see Emma doing the worm--or anything like unto it--in a public place? Try to forget that she can't do a somersault, that's beside the point.)

Here are my little princesses all beautified. Lauren LOVED her little braids and wishes I could do that. They both loved their Halloween nails with spiderwebs. It was a fun day.

3 comments:

Jones Family said...

So fun! What a great idea! I totally feel for Lauren. I can't do those darn braids either, but Kylie sure wishes I could.

Heidi said...

That looks like a blast. :)

Lorina LeFevre said...

Looks like fun. When I had nails, I loved the Halloween decorations. So cute.