The girls went to a late-night birthday party Friday night for Caroline, my friend Jenny's daughter. Caroline is in 5th grade, right in the middle between Emma and Lauren, so she invited them both. Landon picked Emma up at 11:00 p.m. and Lauren stayed the night. We picked Lauren up Saturday morning. She said she stayed up until around 4:30 a.m.! The girls played lots of really fun games, watched some movies and ate tons of candy and sugary food. When we picked up Lauren she was hungry, but she said, "I don't want anything sweet. I want some meat." I didn't realize it was possible for Lauren, of all people, to overdose on sugar, but it happened! We got her a fried chicken breast at Broulims and she devoured it as soon as we got home.

Both girls were really tired on Saturday, so within about 15 minutes of getting home, Lauren got in my bed and went to sleep. She slept just short of 5 hours. Emma slept on the couch for about 2 hours. They both went to bed at 8:00 p.m. with a little help from our friend, Benedryl.


So thanks, Jenny, for freedom during the party Friday night and all afternoon Saturday. We canned 16 pints of tomato/green chile salsa and 6 pints of BBQ sauce!
2 comments:
Hey, anything for you, my dear!
I remember slumber parties---highly overrated in my book. Let's hear it for my own bed and 8 hours of sleep! Does that make me a bad person or just old?
Post a Comment