Sunday, October 17, 2010

Paradise in Rexburg

A family in our ward just opened a doughnut shop called "Paradise Donuts." (I have been a loyal customer since day 1.) The family has 7 kids and has struggled to make ends meet the last several years. This business was a big risk, but the cool thing is they have sold out everyday since they opened. There's always a line, and you have to go early to get the full selection. They only have their family working there right now, so the mom goes in at 1:00am to start making dough, and the dad shows up later to relieve her so she can go home to take care of the kids. They trade off back and forth taking care of the family and the shop.
My favorite donuts are the cake donuts. They are the best I've tasted since I worked at Wall Drug in South Dakota back in 1992! The old-fashioned donuts are my number one choice. They melt in your mouth and taste just like butter.

I bought a donut right after I mailed Landon's case study to Pocatello, because I was so relieved and happy to get that thing out of our house. I bought some after I dropped off the girls at Jenny's house for a late-night party, because I knew Landon and I had the whole evening to ourselves without the girls and we needed a treat. 2 days after my surgery I had Landon bring some home because I wasn't feeling well and wanted a treat. The Scholes family will know every time I have strong emotions because I'll be in their shop buying a donut. I'm not even embarrassed to admit that.

1 comment:

Lorina LeFevre said...

I am so drooling, the next time I visit, first stop, Paradise. Do you think they would travel well in a ziploc bag around Christmas time!(hint,hint,hint!!!)