Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Vegetables

Landon came home from school with this gigantic CABBAGE! One of the 4th grade teachers gave it to him because she knew we liked to make sauerkraut. He was so excited, but the look on Emma's face mirrored the look on my face. It had to weigh between 10 and 20 pounds. After I took this picture, Landon cut it up, picked snails out of the leaves, lost interest, and the following day I used all my strength to chuck it into the dumpster.
For a more positive vegetable anecdote: Last night we counted 8 different vegetables in our dinner. I made breaded and fried pork chops (not a vegetable, but noteworthy), roasted carrots, potatoes, squash and onions, salad with lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers, with a side of our homemade freezer corn. It was a vegetable extravaganza. I love that my girls think it's a special occasion when we eat lots of veggies. They LOVED everything except the onions and cucumbers (Emma did try to eat a few bites of cucumber). The family insisted I make a blog post about our yummy dinner, so here you go.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Great look on Emma's face. I think it's wonderful how well your kids eat veggies. If you can think of ways for me to help my girls out, I'd love to hear it.

Lorina LeFevre said...

You shouldn't have let the snails turn you off, you should have had a little escargot with your cabbage.

jenny said...

The look on my face when I saw this picture was identical to Emma's!

Shannon said...

Emma's face looks like mine would have--yuck!