Tuesday, January 18, 2011

MLK Weekend

There's not a lot going on with us, but here's a sampling of what we've been up to:
Lauren had Ketti come over to play last week (she had been over to Ketti's house the week before). I took them to the dollar store and they picked out some slime. They put it on the counter and blew into it with straws and made bubbles. This entertained them for quite a while.Lauren got this vest from her Justice giftcard at Christmas. It just arrived this week in the mail and she couldn't be happier! She wears it non-stop. Landon and the girls made homemade eggrolls the other night. Landon became quite confident with his rolling ability and said, "I'm like a little Asian woman!" They were really good!Monday morning I made German pancakes for breakfast. Simple and delicious! The cookbook is still in the works, by the way! Landon just formatted it, so I've been copying and pasting each and every recipe to the section it belongs in. I've also been making the comments on all the new recipes I'm adding from our supply, so it's taking a lot of time. I don't want anyone to think it's not happening, though. I can't sit at the computer for hours at a time, so it's being done little by little. It will be so cool when it's done though! Probably about 100 pages worth of recipes (50 front and back), because I'm including about 90% of the previous two cookbooks within this 3rd cookbook. I'm lucky enough to see everyone's contributions, so I've already tried a couple. It's been fun!
In December when Nana was visiting, we went to buy Landon some suits for work. While we were there, the shopping complex where we bought the suits was having their grand opening celebration, and they were giving away prizes. We won a raffle prize of a $50 gift certificate to Bella Luna, which is a new clothing/accessories boutique in that shopping complex. We decided to go spend the money yesterday. The girls got to split the $50 and buy $25 worth of stuff for themselves, and this is what they got:Lauren bought a crocheted headband, some earrings and an undershirt thing.
Emma bought a hat and an undershirt thing (there's a bit of a glare on her glasses!).
Their purchases came to $55.89 and this is the bag they put them in:So fancy! Everything in that store was super expensive and really trendy/chic. Way beyond our fashion sensabilities, which is why I had to take a picture of the bag. We're saving it to use when the girls have a birthday party or something. It's the kind of store where TAMN would shop from that "Seriously So Blessed" blog, if she really existed. I wonder if it will survive in Rexburg! The owner is the lady who was our real estate agent and helped us buy our house. She's a nice lady, but I hope she knows what she's doing with her store!! It was fun experience for the girls though.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so country mouse that I have never seen a German pancake before. What do you do with it...slice and use syrup/ Is there fruit in it? How did the edges get so high?
The ladies are stylin'!
Feel free to delete this if I am an embarrassment to your sophistication!

Lorina LeFevre said...

You all just keep gathering stuff up for Christmas! That's my kinda of Christmas. I love Lauren's vest, so cute and their hats from the fancy store are adorable! Miss you guys!!

weasel said...

I am so excited to get that cook book!!! The Justice in the Orem mall is closing & they had 60% off. We bought some brushes for $3 each...then Oliviana left the bag on some chair.

jenny said...

I want egg rolls! Every time I see your blog it makes me wonder why you did not stop by and bring me some of the food you made... I feel very left out and offended. I am wondering if we should be friends anymore...

Wendy said...

How do we get a copy of the recipe book....do we send money to Nigeria?

Shannon said...

I've always thought that Landon could pass as an Asian woman. I want him to come to Vernal and cook for me.