Saturday, January 8, 2011

Update

There's not much to update! January is turning into a slow month for the LeFevre family.
I was released from Activity Days and sustained as a Beehive Advisor. The entire YW presidency and all the leaders were released and a new group of us was called and sustained. You've never seen such drama in all your life! The outgoing women were weeping and sobbing all 3 hours of church last week, which made the girls very upset as well. Of course that sets us up as the bad guys. It's going to be a real fun month or two as the girls decide whether or not to hate us. They had been allowed to lay down on blankets and pillows during their Sunday lessons, call the leaders by their first names, bring pets to weekly activities, etc, etc. There had been no structure or boundaries at all for nearly 3 years. The new women are all similar to me in attitude and opinions, so as you can imagine, there may be some challenging times ahead as we attempt to get the program back to the way it should be run.

Landon and I went out on a date a week ago or so. Landon made the girls some homemade pasta with cheese and butter, green beans and ciabatta bread. The girls loved it so much they insisted on taking pictures of it.

One night this week we made fried Rhodes rolls (scones) for dinner. I preferred mine sweet, while Landon put bacon and eggs on his. (Gross!)

Lauren came home Thursday after school and looked super pale. She started throwing up around 4:00pm and didn't stop until about 2:00am. She and I slept in my bed so I could dump the barf bowl into the toilet, rinse it out and hand it back to her throughout the night. Night time is still the worst time for me since my surgery, so it was kind of challenging for both of us. I moved really slowly, all hunched over, but I managed to take care of her anyway. Since Landon had to go to work all day, I made sure he could get his sleep downstairs on the couch. It's Saturday and she is still feeling kind of lethargic and achy. She's been happily watching episode after episode of The Cosby Show, thanks to Heidi letting us borrow the whole series of DVDs when I had surgery. Lauren loves it.

Today I felt like baking something. I found a recipe for "Pecan Upside-Down Baby Cakes" in my new Better Homes and Gardens cookbook that Landon gave me for Christmas. They turned out YUMMY! You see that one that looks kind of broken down? Well, Landon and I shared that one and I can tell you that they were delicious.That's about it! There's just not much going on with us right now.
*Update: If you want the recipe for these little cakes, try Googling Pecan Upside-Down Baby Cakes. I had a hard time pasting the recipe for some reason, so just google it and find it for yourself.

6 comments:

Kris said...

Recipe? Those look yummy!
Barf is the worst. Your my superhero!

weasel said...

We did that w the Rhodes rolls...was that from Emily's blog or something - we all liked them! I can't believe those morons let them lay on the floor, how stupid! It's amazing the strength you have when you have to take over as super mom - then you break down when they're feeling better! I can't take blood at all w out feeling sick and weak, unless I have to take care of Oliviana or Nase!

Anonymous said...

Nice to see everyone is eating well in Rexburg! I'm heading to Google right now.

Lorina LeFevre said...

I don't want the recipe, I want one of us to live closer, so I can just come over and eat one. YUMMY! Poor Lauren, I hopen she's all better.

jenny said...

Those look super yummy!!! I am going to have to try that with the Rhodes rolls!

Shannon said...

Poor Loco but yuck! What sucks is when you live by yourself and barf on the floor and realize that the magic cleaning fairy isn't coming to clean it up. I puked the first day of school because I was so nervous and now if anyone pukes at school they say, "do you remember when you puked the first day of school?" Good times.