Sunday, January 23, 2011

YW Lesson

I have to teach the Beehive class today. I'm excited because I get to use my limited creativity with the handouts and other lesson material. The girls appreciate it and I enjoy doing it, so it's win/win. When I was surfing the internet for ideas for my handouts, I came across a lot of ideas, but in the end, I just did what I wanted with the materials I already had. (We still have tons of scrapbook material from when Landon sold ad space for that scrapbooking magazine, and from Jane giving me tons of stuff from that magazine because her sister owned it.)

So I made wordstrips that I'll put on the board with magnets as we discuss them. I made a poster with a key scripture on it, and then I just taped Jesus to a piece of cardstock to make it match the other poster.I made bookmarks with a Marion G. Romney quote. I couldn't decide which kind of flower I liked better, the curly or the flat. Emma likes the flat, so I went with that. The girls can choose which bookmark they want.

Emma, Lauren and I had fun making this stuff and I'm excited that I get to do this for a calling.

So clearly, I'm insecure and looking for some validation. Please leave a comment telling me that you liked what I made. (By the way, in addition to the lesson "cutesies" I've actually prepared a real lesson with a real point that I hope the girls will learn from and apply to their lives. That's beside the point, though.)

6 comments:

Kris said...

WOW, your great. Your going to be so good for those girls. I love the bullets and the scripture! Way to focus on important words and not just write on the chalkboard. Those girls are going to LOVE you!

Wendy said...

I LOVE sweet Beehives. I was sitting with annoying Miamaids today!!! Your handouts are great.

Heidi said...

Very cool stuff! I like the flat flowers because you were to actually use it as a bookmark, the curled flowers would get smushed.

Jones Family said...

Love all of these! I need you to be on the same lesson schedule as me so you can help me out next time! Those are all awesome!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You'll purge the memory of those marshmallows from before in no time! Very cute. I never met a clue stick and precious paper I didn't adore.

Lorina LeFevre said...

You know I love cute, and you definately pass the cute test. Those little beehives will love it and you.