Emma finally had a chance to celebrate her birthday with her friends, Friday evening. I didn't get any pictures, but she had Katrina and Jessica come over at 4:00p.m. to eat pizza, decorate cupcakes and then go see Tangled in 3D at the cheap theater. Emma asked if I could just drop off the girls and then come pick them up after the movie, which I did. This was a big milestone that she really was looking forward to. I had to talk to Jessica's mom to convince her that this was an "age-appropriate and safe step toward independence." In the end, the girls had a lot of fun, were completely safe and it went off without a hitch.


Check out these curtains! My mom made them for Emma based off a photo of her bedding and very few instructions. Emma loves them and they match beautifully. Emma's really happy with the way her room is looking. We're so hesitant to paint anything in our house, so luckily she hasn't suggested that.

Landon's mom made these cute headbands and flower clips for the girls! The flowers are on barrettes, so the girls can wear them on the headband or separately in their hair. There are a lot of different combinations, so they have been having fun with them! We're lucky to have 2 talented grandmas in our family!

Lauren's birthday is tomorrow, so she and I made these little tulle treat bags for the kids in her class. She's a candy freak, so she really wanted to give out candy. I love it, because that means no baking for me! She's got tomorrow planned from sun-up to sundown, so prepare yourselves for the future birthday post.
P.S. Last night Landon applied for an elementary principal job and an assistant principal at a Jr. High in Idaho Falls. We're hoping it's only the beginning of the job openings in the area. He was told by the biggest Bee-atch at Kennedy that her daughter had just gotten a principal job in the area, but she can't say where. This woman doesn't even talk to Landon if she can help it, but made sure that he knew that about her daughter. He thought she was digging for information about whether or not he applied for the job and she may have gotten hired over Landon, but he didn't even know about whatever job opening that was.
That really fired him up and got him motivated to start applying, so I guess it was a good thing.
3 comments:
Exciting times at your house! Ouch, curtains are short. Nana did a great job.
Caroline is so excited for Lauren's "party!!!" She just loves both of your girls and can't wait to have some fun with them. Good luck with the jobs!
Lauren and Emma did get two creative Grandmas. I hope you get a job soon that you've been hoping for, fingers crossed!!!
Post a Comment