Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Lauren's Birthday!

So much has happened since Lauren's birthday that I keep getting distracted from updating my blog! But I better get this done before I forget everything that happened...
Lauren turned 10 last Thursday and had a fantastic birthday. She asked us to hide all her presents so she could wake up and look for them in the morning. She also requested a Mylar balloon with candy tied to the end of it waiting for her in the living room that morning.
She wanted a crimper, some boots and some clothes for her birthday this year, so that's what she got! She also got a beautiful ring and some cash from her generous aunts in Las Vegas, cards and cash from both grandmas, and cards and cash from Shannon and Kristen. She is SET in the cash department!!
She got a stuffed letter L from Grammy (to put on her bed or use as a neck pillow, as Lauren figured out right away...)
I made her "egg in the hole" for breakfast, then brought Taco Time for lunch to eat together in Landon's classroom. (This is Landon and Lauren messing around after lunch.)
A very sweet Hispanic boy named George (or maybe Jorge), who hangs around Landon's classroom, gave Lauren some stuffed animals he won in a vending machine. Lauren was so touched and grateful that she gave him a hug. She's a sweet girl.
For dinner she wanted to go to New Fong's, which is one of her best friend's family's restaurant. Her friend gave her a little bag with fortune cookies and a wash rag folded into the shape of a bunny, and her mom gave us a free appetizer of crab puffs. We came home and played Ticket To Ride and ate ice cream "Drumsticks" for dessert! She had such a great day! (I did lay down the law to the girls for next year though...only ONE special meal, not all three! It's exhausting!)

2 comments:

weasel said...

She looks too cute - love that pillow from mom! ha ha - that's the way I do birthday cakes, stick a candle in whatever!

Lorina LeFevre said...

Sounds like she had the best birthday yet!!