Friday, March 18, 2011

More Oliviana Stuff

*I'm updating my blog everyday for Kristen and Manase's benefit (and ours)! If you're not interested in Oliviana, you might be getting bored with these posts! She goes home tomorrow, so hang in there!
Oliviana gets sad when the girls go to school because apparently I'm not very much fun (true), so yesterday we went to Jenny's house so I could watch Top Chef and Oliviana could play with Lorelai. At first Oliviana was not interested and kept asking if we could go home (kind of embarrassing), but as soon as Top Chef was over and I was ready to go, she was having a blast. They played house and she had Lorelai be the baby. Oliviana carried her all over the room. I thought it was really funny.
This is a picture of the girls stringing candy beads to make necklaces (thanks to an abundance of candy necklace kits from Aunt Lorina!).We showed up at the Bates' house at lunch time, so I brought some snacks to go with lunch, but Oliviana actually just wanted to eat the snacks, not the pizza Jenny had bought for us. So she had a lunch of ginger snaps, chips, and a chocolate-covered granola bar. Good thing she's going home tomorrow so her mom can get her back on a normal meal schedule. I'm not fighting too hard for her to eat healthy since she's not my long-term responsibility!Oliviana has been getting a lot of play time with Lauren's birthday balloon. She loves that thing! She loves to smack it into us and laugh really hard. Emma got tough and got in her face and told her to stop hitting her with the balloon, but she's not easily intimidated.
Yesterday when Emma was walking home from the bus stop, I opened the door to see if she was getting close. Oliviana ran out to greet her and hugged her really hard and screamed, "Emma!!! We're having STEAK for dinner!!!" We were, but I didn't know she was SO excited about it.
So last night I asked Oliviana what she likes to eat for breakfast. She said she likes bacon and muffins, so that's what I made this morning, along with some eggs and orange juice. Oliviana actually helped me stir the muffins and line the pan with muffin papers. Then she only ate bacon and orange juice for breakfast. She told me that my muffins weren't the kind of muffins she likes. She likes muffins with crumbs on the top. I'm guessing Kristen doesn't make a lot of homemade muffins, and she's talking about those yummy bakery muffins? Anyway, everyone else seemed happy for a cooked breakfast on a school day.
Yesterday Oliviana told me to "come here." She showed me this picture from 2005 when we went to Yellowstone. She said, "hey! Where did the girls get those suckers? Can I have one?" So we went to the gas station and bought some tootsie pops and shared with Lorelai and Jenny. Funny!The good thing about the girls going to school in the morning is that because Oliviana is so obsessed with Lauren, she follows her around and gets dressed, does her teeth and hair, and everything Lauren does. I don't have to worry about getting her ready for the day, because she's ready to leave the house when Lauren leaves at 7:30 with Landon!
I think I'm going to take Oliviana to Evan's today for fingernail painting and maybe a cute braided hairstyle to go home in tomorrow. I think she'll enjoy the pampering.

1 comment:

jenny said...

Okay, your girls are adorable!!! Why do our kids have to grow up?