Anyway, Easter was pretty low-key for us this year. It was the first year since Lauren was born that we haven't done a big egg hunt with other families, but the timing just didn't work for us this year. The girls still requested an egg hunt, so we did that Sunday morning.
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Easter
Emma's last ballroom concert was all day Saturday, so we had all our Easter festivities on Sunday. I didn't get any pictures of Emma at her concert, because I think I have all the ballroom pictures I need. They are all starting to look alike. She had to be at the Kirkham building at 11:00am, then did a complete dress rehearsal, and 2 complete performances. Each performance was over 2 hours long, so she was exhausted by the time she got home at 9:45 p.m. Saturday night! Ballroom is over for the school year, but she would love to dance again next year. It's been such a positive experience for her.
Anyway, Easter was pretty low-key for us this year. It was the first year since Lauren was born that we haven't done a big egg hunt with other families, but the timing just didn't work for us this year. The girls still requested an egg hunt, so we did that Sunday morning.
Landon hid the eggs exceptionally well, so the girls had to really work for what they found.
Emma got an I-tunes giftcard and some flip-flops and Lauren got a ducky Pillow Pet! They brought them out for Easter, I guess, because we had looked high and low at Christmas time and couldn't find any actual Pillow-Pet brand duckies. Emma bought a Taylor Swift CD and some other songs, so they were both very happy.
We only dyed a dozen eggs this year, then promptly turned them into egg salad and deviled eggs for lunch and dinner.
We went to Church (Landon had to teach primary and I had to teach YW), then came home and ate a delicious Easter feast in our pajamas: ham, asparagus, green jello-with carrots (a shout-out to Nanny), baked potatoes, deviled eggs, rolls (store-bought, but I did make homemade rolls on Monday for leftover ham sandwiches), and lemonade. We watched Amazing Race while we polished off a coconut cake for dessert. It was a relaxing, no-stress Easter...just the way we like it.
Anyway, Easter was pretty low-key for us this year. It was the first year since Lauren was born that we haven't done a big egg hunt with other families, but the timing just didn't work for us this year. The girls still requested an egg hunt, so we did that Sunday morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment