Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

I had a great Mother's Day weekend! I went to Idaho Falls with Landon on Saturday. We went to the Texas Roadhouse for lunch and did some shopping at JC Penney with some good Mother's Day coupons I got in the mail. Sunday the girls showered me with about 10 cards, Landon made a great breakfast and we just hung out until church. Since it was Teacher Appreciation week last week, I benefited from some of Landon's free loot. I got a box of Florence's chocolates as well as a gift certificate to buy more. After church Landon grilled some steaks, made salad and baked potatoes, while Emma made a cherry cake from our cookbook (the very first recipe in the dessert section!).
Our satellite dish went out during the day, so we missed the season finale of The Amazing Race last night, which was kind of disappointing, but other than that it was a good day to be a mom.

1 comment:

weasel said...

That cake looks awesome Emma!