Last week we told Lauren we'd take her to the Splash Park with her friend Brooklyn, but when we got there it was packed! It was so busy that even the girls didn't want to get out of the car. We finally decided it might be worth it to go to Rigby Lake instead. The lake isn't completely filled yet, but it's close. The kids had a great time and Landon and I hung out under the umbrella, watching the action.


Last week we also spent considerable time searching for a swimsuit for Emma. It's worse looking for a swimsuit for her than it is for me! She's very particular about what she wears and then there's the ever-present budget to worry about, so between the two of us, it's a challenge. We finally went to Idaho Falls and found a really cute suit at TJ Maxx for only $20! We were both really happy.
Saturday night Landon and I went on a date to Buffalo Wild Wings and had so much fun! We played the trivia game on the TV while we waited for our food and while we ate. Landon beat me both games, which surprised me but not him. We tried a new wing flavor...Caribbean Jerk. It was too peppery-flavored for me, but Landon seemed to like it. I still prefer Asian Zing and Honey BBQ. We're kind of wing fanatics, I guess.

Landon made fish tacos! He's such a good cook. He cooked up some "high-end" fish sticks and topped them with shredded cabbage, tomatoes, cilantro, lime and ranch dressing on corn tortillas heated on the cast-iron skillet. He's such a good cook, that I volunteered him to be the official camp cook for girls' camp (for our ward, anyway). He agreed and together we're going to do all the prep, purchasing, cooking and cleaning for the 20 people who will be at girls' camp from our ward. I'm working on finding places for Lauren to spend the 3 nights while we're up there. She's excited, because she loves to spend time away from our family, and Emma's excited because we're going to be around while she's doing her girls' camp thing. Win/win...I guess.


The "Rexburg Rapids" pool opened officially on Saturday. Lauren went with Brook's family on Friday for the VIP opening, which means if you got a text or saw it on facebook, you got to go in early. I took the girls yesterday from 1:00 to 5:30 and they LOVED it. The pool has a lazy river, a play area for little kids, a rock wall, 2 water slides, and a lap pool. I didn't swim this time, so I read a book and watched the kids from a shady area. I love how independent and self-sufficient they are these days! No nostalgic yearnings for the days of holding them and keeping their heads above water the whole time they're "swimming". Here's the website for the pool if you're interested in seeing what we've got here now (usable for about 2 months of the year): rexburgrapids.com
1 comment:
The people at girl's camp aren't going to want to go home after a week of your cooking. Looks like you have plenty of places to get wet, the girls love it I know.
Post a Comment