Summer vacation is underway and we've been trying to think of things to stay busy. We all signed up for the summer library programs. They have one for adults, teens, tweens and kids. Emma is a teen, according to the library and Lauren is a tween. Landon and I both signed up for the adult programs and we've been reading like crazy.
I've been babysitting the 3 little girls twice a week and it's been so great to have Emma and Lauren helping to play with them and keep them out of trouble. We take them down to the playground sometimes and we took them to Arctic Circle for lunch last week.
We've been faithfully sticking to our dinner menus in order to stay within our meager budget every month. Here's what our rib dinner looked like...

We're super excited for Landon to get his summer school bonus check so we can have a fun time in Vancouver and camping at the beach next month. Landon started summer school on Friday with a teacher work day and tomorrow is the first day with the kids. He had a great Skype interview with a school district in Bonner's Ferry, Idaho, Friday morning. I hid on the stairs and eavesdropped for the last part of his interview and he did awesome. He's a great communicator. He also got a phone call Friday afternoon to schedule an interview in Pocatello. We were out when the call came, so hopefully tomorrow he'll get that interview scheduled. Landon has been honing his Wii skills to ward off the stress of finding a job. Emma took a great picture of his intense concentration...

Last October we bought some Rollerblades for 90% off ($3 each pair!) at Kmart and gave them to the girls at Christmas. We took them over to the Nature Park to teach them how to use them...


The girls improved quickly the longer we practiced, so we'll have to keep working with them so they might think it's fun pretty soon.
3 comments:
Good luck Landon! It sounds like you are going to have a great time this summer. Are the girls signed up for any activities besides the library?
Go Landon! Can your family adopt me? You have so much fun.
Man - I wish we lived closer, we would do hikes and roller skating w you. I have a pair of skates I've used once & Oliviana asks constantly when I'm ever going to wear them again. Love how posts start w a pic of food!
Post a Comment