Saturday, June 18, 2011

Weekly LeFevre Family Adventure

The last 3 weeks Landon and I have planned a surprise outing with the girls in order to spend some quality family time together (as if we don't get enough). The first week we had the hike at Harriman State Park, last week was bowling and mini-golf at Fat Cats and today was a picnic at the Nature Park, with biking and some wiffle ball. Without fail, before our "surprise" the girls fight unceasingly, and Lauren pouts and complains and insists that she won't want to do whatever we have planned and Landon and I yell and scream at the girls to be grateful and stop acting like brats. Despite the challenges, we always have a really good time together and Lauren eventually decides it was the most fun she's ever had in her life.

Today's picnic consists of tuna/egg salad sandwiches (we created a new thing, I think. We mixed tuna and hard-boiled eggs together with mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Landon and I had pickles on our sandwiches...very tasty), Cheetos, cookies, and the beverage of our choice picked out at Valley Wide on the way to the park.


The girls biked around the park while Landon and I walked. The Nature park is right next to the Rexburg airport, so we watched helicopters and planes taking off and landing while we walked. Today was a big event at the airport.


I had to include pictures of all of our "baseball stances" because this turned out to be the best part of the whole experience. Landon thought my "stance" was the funniest thing he's ever seen in his whole life. I was all set to hit the ball when Landon started laughing so hard that his whole body was shaking like a bowl full of jelly. I didn't know what I was doing wrong, and he insisted that I wasn't doing anything wrong, but that I just looked really funny. He said he hasn't ever seen me in an "athletic" pose before and it struck him as something to laugh about, I guess. This made the girls laugh, so we all had fun due to my never-before-seen athleticism.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

I LOVE your updates. You all look adorable!

Anonymous said...

Heidi was signed in on my computer...that was me above.

Heidi said...

Yeah, this is me now. Sounds like a fun adventure. :)

Kris said...

Ehh, Batta, Batta, Swing! Batter, Batter!
You guys are Funny!
Bring the LeFevre's Please!

Shannon said...

Reminds me of when I get the vaccuum out and the dog doesn't know what it is...sad.