When we had our fill of roses, we drove over to VooDoo Doughnuts (Google it) and each picked out a tasty treat. The girls chose the classic voodoo doll doughnuts, I chose a maple bar with bacon on top, and Landon had an apple fritter. We also had to buy the giant Texas size doughnut to share. Ever since we saw VooDoo on Man versus Food, we knew we had to go there next time we were in town.
Sunday, July 31, 2011
Trip to Vancouver, Day 7
Sunday morning we packed up the yurt and said goodbye to Cape Lookout, the ocean and Tillamook! Oh, but the fun wasn't over! We drove to downtown Portland and walked around the Portland Rose Gardens. The flowers were absolutely beautiful and smelled amazing.



When we had our fill of roses, we drove over to VooDoo Doughnuts (Google it) and each picked out a tasty treat. The girls chose the classic voodoo doll doughnuts, I chose a maple bar with bacon on top, and Landon had an apple fritter. We also had to buy the giant Texas size doughnut to share. Ever since we saw VooDoo on Man versus Food, we knew we had to go there next time we were in town.
After VooDoo, we hung out at Mom and Dad's house while I did a few loads of laundry, then got to Kris's house to spend the night. Kris's brother Darrin had just gotten home from a pioneer trek, so we got to hear about it and make judgments as to whether or not a pioneer trek is necessary for salvation. (I'm against it, just like I'm against mandatory piano lessons to get into heaven.) It sounds like Darrin had a great time and I'm glad their stake had a good experience.
When we had our fill of roses, we drove over to VooDoo Doughnuts (Google it) and each picked out a tasty treat. The girls chose the classic voodoo doll doughnuts, I chose a maple bar with bacon on top, and Landon had an apple fritter. We also had to buy the giant Texas size doughnut to share. Ever since we saw VooDoo on Man versus Food, we knew we had to go there next time we were in town.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Erin you would ROCK at Trek! I would love doing it with you and all the little midgets!
Post a Comment