I wish I could find that one of the girls lined up in front of Mom and Dad's house, but maybe the original came from somebody else? Heidi, if you have it will you email it to me? That's such a cute one!
Sunday, July 31, 2011
Trip to Vancouver, Day 8
We spent Monday morning shopping for school clothes at Target on Airport Way in Portland (where Heidi works). Lauren had earned $100 in Target gift cards for taking a 4 hour test this summer, and we saved it to spend when we got to Oregon to save on sales tax and to get Heidi's employee discount. Lauren got some super cute clothes that I would never have bought for her and we had fun. A girl I used to work with 13 years ago at GST in Vancouver saw me on the way out and stopped and talked to me for a while. That was so weird! After Target, we spent the rest of the day grazing. We found some amazing raspberries at a produce market that were so huge and sweet. They were gone in seconds and we moaned while we inhaled them. We also found blueberries, cherries and nectarines. We stopped by Nanny's house to say good-bye and pick up her cedar chest. When I was 16 years old I asked if I could have it when she died, and she literally put a sticker with my name on it on the inside of the chest. I guess the sticker's been there 23+ years now! She was ready for me to take it, so we're excited to have it in our house now. We'll be refinishing it soon. We also stopped by John's house to visit. He and Katie have a really cute townhouse they're renting. Later that evening Dad took us out for dinner to Rib City where we continued to stuff ourselves with BBQ ribs and all the fixins'. Yummy!
We had dessert with John, Katie, the Sampsons and Grammy and Grandpa and said good-bye to everyone. We took the above picture of the girls, which is reminiscent of past photos... 

I wish I could find that one of the girls lined up in front of Mom and Dad's house, but maybe the original came from somebody else? Heidi, if you have it will you email it to me? That's such a cute one!
I wish I could find that one of the girls lined up in front of Mom and Dad's house, but maybe the original came from somebody else? Heidi, if you have it will you email it to me? That's such a cute one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment