We let the girls have a combined Christmas party last week! Six girls came over, so with Emma and Lauren there were eight girls partying it up at our house. First, they made 3-D snowflakes:


Then they felt each other up playing a game where you try to guess who the person is by feeling them with wooden spoons. I think I enjoyed that game the most. It was funny.

Then they did a White Elephant/Mean Santa gift exchange game with a $1-limit or homemade gift they each brought.

Then we buddied up and created homemade pizzas:


While the pizzas cooked one by one, the girls made ornaments with beads and pipecleaners, snacked on popcorn and candy and giggled.

These are Emma's good friends--Katrina Kimpel and Cammie Garner. Emma and Lauren "share" Caroline Bates, because they both like her a lot and she's right in the middle of them, age-wise. Lauren invited Zoe Sloop, then 2 friends from her class, Tianna, and Jenny. Every time Jenny opened her mouth, Landon and I had to fight not to laugh because she has a tiny baby voice. I wanted to pick her up and carry her around the house.

After the pizzas were eaten, we played a charades-type game that we played at my birthday party. The girls liked that so much they played it twice. We drove all the girls home around 9. It was a fun party and hopefully we can use this as ammunition when the girls tell us how mean we are, because we really went above and beyond the call of duty when it comes to being good parents on this one. (We can't help it...our girls have us wrapped around their fingers. They're such good kids.)
5 comments:
I want to make a 3-D snowflake! Wish I'd been invited. It looks like a lot of fun.
Chloe is constantly making those snowflakes and is getting really good at them. You guys are awesome for doing that party for them. I hope your kids realize how cool you really are.
Sounds like fun. The girls really have some good friends.
Sounds like a blast, I want to come to the next Christmas party. Are aunts invited???
That looks like so much fun! I so want to do that when my kid gets older, now it's still her expecting gifts...but I love the spoon game & I laughed out loud, scaring Nase & Lea about the carrying her part!
Post a Comment