
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
WIC
One of the perks of being poor, is qualifying for WIC again! Now that I'm pregnant, I get coupons for free food so I can stop eating gravel and chalk and eat nutritionally while I'm growing this baby. I was on WIC with the girls, so it's been about 6 years since Lauren turned 5 and we stopped receiving it. Well, now they provide a coupon for up to $10 of fresh fruit and/or vegetables (in addition to milk, cheese, beans, peanut butter and juice). The two times I've used that coupon, I've gotten strawberries, oranges and grapes and made a big fruit salad to eat every morning for breakfast. It's awesome! Such a treat. I usually don't splurge on fruit that's out of season, but I felt like I owed it to WIC and my baby to eat some good stuff.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Way to go, Baby LeFevre!
Yummy! That's what I want right now.
That looks wonderful!!
Glad you are feeding mom and baby well.
Post a Comment