Friday, June 8, 2012

More LeFevre Food

We made Cafe Rio pork Sunday afternoon for dinner!  It was so good!  I swear it tastes just as good as the real thing.  We used Sara's pork recipe out of our cookbook, then the salad dressing recipe I got from my friend Bonnie (again, in the cook book, salad section), plus we added corn/black bean salad on top which is also a recipe in the salad section of our cookbook.  It was quite the feast.

We love taking pictures of our food.

Although this may not look as good as it tasted, it was a great cake.  Emma watched Cooks Country or America's Test Kitchen (basically the same show) and wanted to make the caramel cake they made on the show.  We should have cooked the frosting a little longer, because it was a touch gritty, but other than that, the cake was yummy.  Emma's been doing a lot of helping in the kitchen since school got out.  She's a fantastic cook.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Great looking cake Emma!! I made a carrot cake last night and I'm not sure it turned out as well as yours.

jenny said...

Yum!!! I wanna make that!!!

Lorina LeFevre said...

Anything with the word caramel in it, can't be bad! Yummy!!