This week was the only week of the whole summer that Landon didn't have committments, work, meetings, etc. (So much for having a teacher's schedule!) We had talked about going somewhere for a few days to have some quality family time, but in the end we decided to stay home, sleep in our own beds, save money on hotels, eating out, etc. and just do whatever we wanted to do.
I didn't actually take any pictures, but we did do some fun stuff. We bought a new Wii game one day (Mario Carnival Games).
We went to Heise Hot Springs and swam for about 5 hours. We haven't been there for about 2 years, so it was really fun to go back. There's a water slide, a normal big swimming pool with diving board, a warm pool and a hot pool. We went with the Bates family, which made it even more fun! We had a picnic lunch and just hung out in the water for hours. The three of us girls all got sunburned, and the next day I was so sore! I felt like I had run a marathon and all of my muscles just ached.
Yesterday we went to Costa Vida for lunch then went to see Diary of a Wimpy Kid (the most recently released one) at Fat Cats, which was a treat in and of itself because we rarely see movies that aren't at the cheap theater. We even got popcorn, candy and drinks...luxury. It was a funny movie! We laughed a lot.
One day Landon and Justin Bates took all the kids fishing at the Nature Park while Jenny and I stayed at our house and watched the Olympics. The kids all caught fish and Caroline even reeled in a TURTLE! It swallowed the hook and she reeled the whole thing in. Another night Landon and Emma went fishing while Lauren and I stayed home and watched the Olympics. (We've spent a lot of time watching the Olympics this week.)
One day Landon and I were laying on our bed watching TV, it was almost noon and we hadn't even showered or gotten ready for the day. I asked Landon if we should get moving and do something productive, but he said no. This is how he wanted to spend his vacation...just being lazy and doing whatever sounds good at the time without feeling guilty. It's been awesome.
Today we got up around 8:30 or 9:00, made breakfast, then went back to bed until 1:30. I love that Landon's been able to match my pregnant energy level without any struggle at all.

2 comments:
That's my kind of vacation!! Enjoy your carefreeness before your all-nighters start in Sept.
Oh, and the pizza looks devine.
My kind of vacation, too! do whatever YOU want for several days in a row!
Post a Comment