Tuesday, September 4, 2012

This Post Might Make You Gag

I love my husband so much!!!  Marrying him so young and inexperienced was risky, but WOW!  Big risks equal big rewards.  He may like to tease mercilessly, pass gas indiscriminately, use his "outside voice" when getting the girls to do something, and refuse to touch the laundry or make beds with fresh sheets (solely my jobs), but he more than makes up for it by taking such good care of me and our girls!  He recently took an interest in Emma's skin.  She's been getting acne lately, so he took the acne face wash, scrubbed the crap out of her forehead, popped a few zits and sent her on her way.  He often fixes a tray of snacks or a meal and brings it out to me while I'm sitting in the recliner watching TV!  Who does that??  He also likes to cuddle with Lauren and give her all the loves she needs and talks baby talk with her...which she adores and I forbid anywhere around me...drives me CRAZY.  He's the best dad/husband ever and I can't get enough of him.
Look at how he makes dinner.  To soften the blow of us going on a date and ditching the girls, he will make them a meal that makes them happy enough to stay home and not complain about us leaving.

He whipped this up in about 5 minutes.  He made little log cabins out of a cucumber, plus ham and cheese wraps! 

Emma is usually his "right-hand girl."  She loves to help her dad in the kitchen.  This is what he came up with for dinner just last night.  (Sunday dinner was pork chops, mashed potatoes and corn with lemon bars for dessert...another Emma/Dad production)

Baguette, cream cheese, cucumber slices, roast beef, tomato, and avocado with salt and pepper.  We've been eating this kind of dinner at least once a week.  Landon made up a plate for each of us, so we didn't even have to make it ourselves!  He's amazing!!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Seriously! Did you sell your soul to the devil to get Landon?!

Anonymous said...

I can hardly wait for the Landon treatment in a week----just don't use him up before I get there. Oh, did you want me to cook when I pull in???? just kidding..(though we all know I haven't cooked since my near death experience)