Monday, November 4, 2013

Halloween and Landon's 40th Birthday!

I'm so far behind on this blog that I'm just starting with Halloween and moving forward.  Levi is a demanding little boy!  He hates to see me sitting at the computer, so I can't do anything for more than 3 minutes at a time when he is awake.  When he's napping, I have more urgent responsibilities-like making dinner or unloading the dishwasher or doing laundry or going pee-than updating the blog.  Lauren loves looking back on posts from years ago and laughing or reminiscing, so I'm determined to keep it up as long as possible.  It's been a great family journal.  Anyway!  Here are the few pictures I have from Halloween...

Levi was a HORSE for Halloween!  He was adorable and I kept him in his costume all day so he'd be warm when I was out and about running errands.  We spent time at Landon's school, visiting, then we came back for the school carnival (the day before Halloween, actually).  Landon had volunteered to be in charge of the food, so we all went to support him and help him as much as possible.  He was pretty stressed out, but it was a fun event anyway.


Lauren was a "sock monster," Oliviana was an Egyptian princess or some kind of Monster High character that I've never heard of.  Either way, they looked cute.  Kristen had surgery the day before this carnival, so we were happy to have Oliviana with us.


This was at Trunk or Treat on Halloween night.  Lauren is too old for trick or treating now, but she was happy to take Oliviana around and get candy anyway.  Levi went for a little while, but then decided to stay with us at the car giving out candy to kids.  Emma helped give out candy at the Trunk or Treat and then later at home.  She was upset that day because she had tests at school, and homework that night!  She had a rude awakening to the reality of not being a little kid anymore.


Landon turned 40 on November 1st.  He received a Red Robin giftcard from the teachers at school, so we all went out that night and used it.  The kids, teachers, and staff at his school put up a big tree outside his office door.  Everyone in the school filled out little paper apples and stuck them all over the place outside his door, expressing birthday well wishes.  Several classes stopped by the office and sang Happy Birthday.  He was very adored on his birthday at school. 



3 comments:

Dennis Kimball said...

Sure do love you guys and we love having pictures whenever you find the time.

Dennis Kimball said...

That was grammy, btw.

Heidi said...

Yeah, that didn't sound like Dad at ALL. Too nice and sweet. ;)