Wednesday, August 13, 2008

New School Clothes!


We've been doing a lot of preparation for school to start next week. We're slowly acquiring new school clothes so the girls will be ready. I've learned that I need to shop a little now, and a little when the weather changes in October or so. Then I need to shop again in December/January because they've usually grown out of whatever I've bought in August. Lauren wears a size 10/12 and Emma wears a Juniors size 7/9 as long as it isn't a clingy style, otherwise she wears a size 6 petite in Misses. I found size 16 plus at Walmart the other day and she can wear that too. (She's in a really difficult size category right now.)

As everyone knows, Emma rises with the sun. Well, I've just learned that she's been catching rerun episodes of TLC's "What Not To Wear" when she's up at 6:00am. She already had lots of opinions about her clothes, but now she's got "experts" to quote when she looks for clothes. For example, she knows that a bright pair of shoes or handbag can really make your outfit "pop."


This week Lauren recovered from her mystery virus right as Emma came down with it. Emma had a fever, chills and throw-ups, but like Lauren, she was pretty much over it after 48 hours.
Landon kept trying to tell me he was getting sick too, but everytime I felt his forehead, it was cool. He has given up and decided to act well again. Nice try. He was a really good dad today and played board games with the girls for a couple of hours while I got my hair cut, colored and highlighted. I knew it was time to do something, because Landon kept staring at my hairline (and my 2 inch gray roots) and asking when I was going to do something about that.


That's it for today...watch for photos of the Madison County Fair...we'll be going tomorrow to see if Emma won any ribbons for her 4H projects.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

The girls always have the best outfits. Maybe I should start watching that show and getting tips on my clothes.

Walters Family said...

did you make all those clothes? jk but i wouldnt be surprizes if you did! Your girls are going to look so hip for the first day of school! cute cute!

Erin said...

Actually, I haven't done any sewing at all this summer! As long as Walmart has clothes for $7 I won't be sewing school clothes anytime soon. Maybe a cute Christmas dress or something.

weasel said...

Try...$2 for clothes to take to Tonga! Yeah, so don't want her to grow up and the clothes get more expensive! The girls looks so cute...Emma is so funny!

Unknown said...

Emma, I glad to hear someone in the family has some fashion sence. I like that show too but can't make it work in the real world. Lauren Congradulations on the 4h ribbons. Landon nice try ....sick? Erin sound like fairs are not your thing. See you all soom. La Ya Christina