Friday, September 19, 2008

Health Update on the LeFevres

We've caught some kind of little virus around here. Today I feel kind of run down, achy and congested. Nothing serious, just a little cold-like thing. The girls have kind of gotten it this week too.
Emma stayed home from school yesterday because she felt sick. She's been feeling lightheaded and really tired lately, so I took her to the doctor for a blood test. She threw up right after the blood test because she has such an intolerance for anything having to do with blood. I'll find out today (I think) if she's anemic or anything. She sleeps 11-12 hours at night, so I think she's getting enough sleep. I also thought she could be in a growth spurt or something. She felt better today and went to school.
Today Lauren decided she was sick. She's been playing with neighbor kids everyday after school until dinner or sometimes until bedtime (7:00pm). We like that she's playing hard and having fun and not logging so many TV hours (to be honest we're enjoying the lack of drama when she's not home, too), but I think it's catching up to her. She's getting run down. She stayed in bed and watched TV until 9:00am, then decided she felt like going to school. Call me a bad mom, but I think having a little down time once in a while is OK--even during the school day. Lauren gets 100% on spelling and math tests and reads on a 4th grade level. Besides, her teacher is mean. I'd want to stay home too.
By the way, I don't want to forget to include Emma's accomplishments at school. She is in the advanced reading class for her grade. She reads above grade level and has the most AR points in her class (that's points you get for taking comprehension tests after you read a book). She finishes 1-2 books each week and sometimes keeps her light on after we say good-night to read...hey! I think I may have just solved Emma's tiredness problem. This blog is therapeutic.
For the first time ever, Landon actually hasn't felt sick when everyone else is. He's lost like 35 pounds now. He's looking good! Maybe someone can just convince him to start exercising. My nagging ceases to be heard anymore.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so pleased that Landon is losing weight for his sake and all of yours..waiting till your old age to realize you are at risk is wasting your life and a lot of fun. The ladies are so bright and I'm so proud of all of you. I hope the colds and bugs are over soon. I love you all and miss you.

newbigdogjason said...

Well I got it too. From one of the girls it hit me Thursday night went to work Friday Heidi and I ten year wedding anniversary. Just stayed home all weekend so I am ready for work on Monday(I hope).