Saturday, September 20, 2008

It's All About The Food

I decided to document our favorite places to eat, whether we're close to home or visiting family. When we're home, the choices are very limited, but we love Stockman's Restaurant on county line road between Idaho Falls and Rigby. They don't have a website, but here is a link for contact information and some local reviews. Apparently everyone else likes it as much as we do. http://local.yahoo.com/info-40924773-stockman-s-restaurant-rigby They have all-you-can-eat steak! They serve 16 ounces of steak the first time around and most people don't need to ask for more, but I'll admit it has happened in our family.

When we go to Utah, we always go to Cafe Rio, of course. Landon and I always get a version of the taco salad, usually pork, sometimes steak. It's unbelievable. Lauren sticks with a kid's quesadilla. Emma gets a kid's quesadilla and then eats a healthy portion of my salad. The only person I've ever met who doesn't love Cafe Rio is Manase Finau. Their website is http://www.caferio.com/
When we are in Las Vegas, there are two places we love. I personally love Buffalo Wild Wings the most, but Pei Wei is a close second. Buffalo Wild Wings is a chain, but I've only seen it in Vegas so far. http://www.buffalowildwings.com/ We usually go with the whole LeFevre clan and order at least 100 or so wings, cheesy fries and diet Pepsi/Coke. What I like about this place is that you can order what kind of sauce you want on your wings. We usually get a whole lot of honey barbeque wings, some teriyaki wings, some parmesan cheese wings and some spicy garlic wings. My girls can really inhale chicken wings. They usually eat 10-15 wings each.
We also love to visit Pei Wei when we're in Vegas! http://www.peiwei.com/ Evidently it's a "fast food" off shoot of P.F. Changs. We love to get the Phad Thai. The prices are much less than P.F. Changs and the food is every bit as good.
When we go to Vancouver to visit, we eat at Burgerville, of course! www.burgerville.com Burgerville is a local fast food burger chain that is located in the Portland/Vancouver area. The last restaurant is in the Dalles, Oregon as you're heading east, so we always stop there on our way back to Idaho. They use locally raised beef, Tillamook cheese, Walla Walla onions for ginormous onion rings, and Oregon strawberries for strawberry shortcake, etc. The best part of the burgers is the special sauce they put on the burgers! It's a mixture of mayo, mustard, and tartar sauce, I think. It's delightful! We eat there at least 3-4 times while we're in town.

8 comments:

Shannon said...

Erin--there is going to be a Buffalo Wild Wings at Cascade Station by the Ikea at the Portland Airport. We drove by it today but it is not open yet--funny that you should mention it on your blog today.

Shannon said...

Hey--there's also one in downtown Portland and one out in Hillsboro.

newbigdogjason said...

The last time I went to Utah ro say with Kristen & Manase. Kristen took me to Cafe Rio I loved it too, I have been hoping that they we bulid one here. Then like Shannom said I see the one by Ikea and now want to you and try it out. For me Burgerville is a very good fast food place but a little pricey.

Erin said...

Happy to hear there will be a Buffalo Wild Wings in Portland! We'll definitely go there next time we're there.

Anonymous said...

Well, leave it to a food commentary to bring out the loquacious side of the family! Can't wait to try the wing place in Portland. Nanny and I ate at Pei Wei in San Antonio--Oh ya!!!

Heidi said...

Mmmmmm, food. We will have to try this wings place sometime soon.

weasel said...

That was really funny...I was reading then - Manase Finau. He doesn't hate it, it's just not his favorite! They have a Pei Wei in Sandy too. I'm starting to get excited for you to visit, O is having cousin withdrawal!

Heidi said...

Okay, this weekend we tried Buffalo Wild Wings. It was wonderful and we had a good time. Uh, not EVER doing the parmesan wings again. Teriyaki was okay, but the honey bbq ones were really really good. I want to go back!