Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Manipulating with Love

Monday I completely cleaned the girls' bedrooms for them, making their beds and everything. I never do that, because I want them to be in charge of their own spaces and take responsibility for their own messes. I made an exception because I wanted to do something nice for them and I thought they'd appreciate it, which they did. The next morning they cleaned their rooms and made their own beds before they left for school in an attempt to keep their rooms as nice as I had made them the day before. I wrote them each a little love note telling them how nice their rooms looked and how great it was that they took the time to take care of their space. Today their rooms again were immaculately cleaned and beds made before they left for school. I haven't even had to ask them to clean up or anything. I am calling my method "Loving Manipulation."

2 comments:

weasel said...

I hate getting there, but once my house is clean - I do whatever I can to keep it that way as long as possible! It feels so good to have a clean living space! I have cleaned the house, like four times this week so Nase has a nice time while we are gone - I'm sure he even cares, but it makes me feel like a better wife!

Anonymous said...

When Dad takes out the trash unasked, it makes me feel loved and taken care of, so I know that keeping things tidy and pretty is my way of telling Dad I love him. Your girls are learning so much from your efforts. Good job. PS I miss your house and "my" snuggly
room.