Friday, September 19, 2008

Police Activity at the Meadows Townhouses





Here's a good story for everyone:


My neighbor told me that the building next to ours has two townhouse units filled with young single guys. Every night they stay up late drinking, smoking, playing loud music and partying with friends they invite over. My neighbor said she thought she also smelled marijuana one night because she sleeps with her fan in the window and thought she smelled it. The boys who live there also invited my neighbor's son (he is 8) over to play video games with them. She forbid her son from going over there and told the guys not to invite him over again. She didn't want to be the one to have a confrontation about the partying, so she told me all about it. I told her that I'd take care of it!
This was Wednesday afternoon. Right away, I called the city compliance officer to see if the owner was violating the zoning ordinances, I called Madison county dispatch to have them do more patrols in our neighborhood beginning Wednesday night, I called the BYU-Idaho Housing office to warn them that there could be some students living in un-approved housing who also happen to be partying, and I called the Homeowners Association to let them know what was going on. I went over to the building and took pictures of all the cigarette butts and beer cans that the boys have left out in front of their building to ensure the owners get a HOA fine for littering too.

So Wednesday night the boys had a big birthday party for one of them and invited lots of friends. The police showed up at about 10:45pm and cited 13 people for underage drinking and one 21 year old guy for supplying the alcohol. All the names of the people were listed in the newspaper and I have a call into the Student Honor office to make sure they look up each name and see who is a student and who is not.

So I've been having some fun this week. It's a real adrenaline rush for me to see stupid people get busted. I almost think law enforcement would be a fun line of work if I didn't have to be physically fit. I'm just happy we live in a place where littering and underage kids drinking is as exciting as it gets.

This was in the Rexburg Standard Journal today.

7 comments:

Shannon said...

You would have made a great bounty hunter--rounding up the bad guys who tried to make a run for it. It's classic Erin.

weasel said...

And of course there is always a poly involved - I think they are both Samoan names though, so good job!

Anonymous said...

The joy in your writing is so evident! Go get'm Magnum!!!

Emma said...

awesone

Emma said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shannon said...

That is so crazy--you can never tell what Mormon kids will do.

Kris said...

Your such a Buzz Killer!