I found out that not only is October 21st, my birthday, but it is also my favorite TV judge's birthday too! Judge Judy's! Anyone who knows how much I love Judge Judy will be as thrilled as I am to learn that piece of information.This morning my girls greeted me with lots of love and Happy Birthday wishes, as well as some lovely slippers, a 12-pack of new combs, a People magazine and $20 for a pedicure. When I saw the slippers, I said, "Oh, these kind of look like old lady slippers!" The girls beamed and seemed genuinely happy that I noticed this fact, because they told me that Nanny has a pair exactly like them! (For those who don't know, Nanny is my 87 year old grandma who we stayed with this summer when we visited Vancouver.) The 12-pack of combs is meant to replace my 20 year old comb that is bent and missing teeth. I explained to the girls that the next time I'll need a comb is when I turn 57 and they are 27 and 29 years old. They loved that.
To celebrate my birthday, I brought Landon lunch from Wendy's (the buffalo chicken sandwich is awesome!) so we could eat together. As a family, we went to "Da Pineapple Grill" here in Rexburg for dinner, then came home to eat some cheesecake (my first attempt at a real cheesecake). It was a nice day and I'm happy that it's over now.
Old lady slippers
I made this Cheesecake Factory Oreo Cheesecake from a recipe in Jane's sister's collection of recipes. It was really good! We're freezing half of it for Landon's birthday next Saturday.
Old comb, new comb

Mom and girls
6 comments:
Love the old lady slippers. Hope your day was a good one! Happy Birthday!!
Classic old lady slippers. Happy birthday!
It looks like your birthday was a happy one. I wish you a year filled with love and treasured memories.
What a precious birthday girl. I love you! Sounds like the gang took real good care of you.
Yeah - so I suck! I knew it was your birthday, but for some reason it slipped my mind to call you or post the birthday video O and I made for you! It will be posted today during naps! Happy Birthday!
ummmmm i am such a jerk! I TALKED to you yesterday and i didnt even know it was your BIRTHDAY!!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! I love your hair by the way!
Post a Comment