Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Bye-bye Christmas Tree

I hate this week! We're so busy trying to get everything done before we can leave town. Every minute of the day and night is scheduled. Tonight our schedule included taking down all the Christmas decorations, including the tree. This is one of the consequences of leaving home for Christmas every year. We're hoping it doesn't do long-term damage to the girls when one minute everything is festive and Christmasy then they walk down the stairs and Mom and Dad are carrying the tree out the front door. It's just so much easier when we get back home and we don't have to worry about putting away the Christmas stuff on top of unpacking all the loot from Las Vegas.
We're looking forward to hitting the icy road on Friday afternoon and getting away from Rexburg for a week or so. I just hope we can survive all the preparations to do it!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Sounds busy. Do you ever wish that you could stay home for Christmas?

Anonymous said...

I worry about you on the roads. Stay safe and enjoy your get-away...I just saw that Vegas had snow, too.

Heidi said...

Have fun in Las Vegas!