This morning Aunt Dawna and Uncle Alex came over to visit. (That's Pa's sister and brother-in-law.) We exchanged gifts and had a nice chat. Then Landon and I left and went to the buffet at the Red Rock casino just up the street from Nana's house. There was a coupon in the paper for a buy one get one free buffet, so it had been on Landon's mind for a while. When we got back, I made pies for Christmas dinner and we just hung out around the house most of the day. At 5:30 Stacy, Justin and Lincoln came over and we ate a feast of appetizers for dinner. We made meatballs, potstickers, cream cheese with raspberry/chipotle sauce over it, and french onion dip. Stacy made a warm chili/cream cheese dip, salsa, and a Velveeta/salsa dip. We laughed and ate and had a good time. Later there was some serious Wii Tennis competition going on and then Landon read the Christmas story out of the Bible, then read Twas The Night Before Christmas, from books that Lorina has given us over the years. The girls put on the nightgowns I made, and went to bed. When I was tucking in Lauren she asked if people who don't believe in Santa get a lump of coal for Christmas. I said yes, as well as a pile of crap. I figure she doesn't really understand what a lump of coal is, so I made it relatable. All and all, a good Christmas Eve filled with family, fun and food.
An aerial view of Christmas Eve dinner.
Landon, thrilled to be reading about Jesus.
Aunt Christina with Lincoln, Lauren and Emma.
Emma Jayne in her new nightgown.
Lauren Jean in her cute nightgown.
4 comments:
That picture of Landon looks interesting and sort of funny. The nightgowns are cute and everything looks like fun. You do know how to party.
What a fun time for everyone. The girls look so cute. This is a wonderful, happy time, isn't it? I love you all.
The last comment was from Grammy; I accidentally used Shannon's site. She doesn't get mushy like I do.
I love the pile of crap idea - I'm sure O will understand that one too! We ate Wendy's for Christmas Eve dinner and it was crappy - I just keeping wishing it hadn't snowed so bad here! But today has been really nice!~
Post a Comment