Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas

We had a great Christmas! The girls got everything they wanted and then some, as usual. We're used to going out to buy new Rubbermaid storage containers the day after Christmas in hopes of hauling everything home from Las Vegas and this year was no different. When Landon got home with 4, 18 gallon containers, we realized that our girls are growing up! Everything they got this year was smaller (and cost more)! Between the two of them there was a Nintendo DS, games for the DS, a beginner sewing machine, CDs, DVDs, jewelry, art supplies, giftcards and board games, instead of big play sets and dolls and accessories fastened to cardboard with thick twisty-ties. Each girl filled one Rubbermaid each and we have 2 left for all of the stuff we shopped for, before Christmas.
I got a new sewing machine from Lorina, Christina and Nana! That was an amazing surprise. I can't wait to get home and start sewing something. Landon got a fancy programmable crock-pot, and a high-tech food scale.
Landon's grandparents came over for prime-rib dinner that Christina and Landon cooked. Justin and Stacy and Lincoln also came over for dinner. It was fun watching Lincoln open his presents. He loves to say, "whoa!!! What's that?" It's so funny and cute to hear how excited he is to see everything.
Those are the Christmas day highlights. I stayed in my pajamas the entire day which was convenient because of the stretchy-pants benefit of the whole thing. We had a fun day playing with the girls, eating (of course) and laughing with the family.
Ironically, I took very few pictures. I should have gotten one of Emma with her new sewing machine. She is so cute, it hurts. She absolutely loves it. She feels so grown-up with her own machine and she has already turned out a pretty sweet bag. (When I watch her sew, I imagine it's how Landon would feel if he had a boy and he watched him shoot his first deer.)
Lauren got some "Bendaroos" which are advertised on TV non-stop on kids' channels. She begged and begged for them. It will surprise me if she plays with them even one time.Lincoln got "Elmo, Live" which is an amazing Elmo/robot thing. It talks non-stop and dances and moves. Lincoln seems to love it.Lauren sitting with Grandma Duffin (Landon's mom's mom).

5 comments:

Shannon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
newbigdogjason said...

Wow, thats cool. I can see what you mean with the less gifts but more money thing. I am not looking forward to that part, but maybe I will have a different job by then, that will pay more! Glad that you guys had a great day!

Shannon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heidi said...

Glad you guys had a good time.