Sunday, December 21, 2008

Fun With The Finaus

We left for Christmas Break Friday afternoon at about 2:00pm. We were worried about the weather, but we didn't have any problems until we hit Salt Lake. It was only slushy, but we hit tons of traffic so the going was pretty slow. We met Kristen, Manase and Oliviana at the Asian Buffet for dinner in American Fork.
We spent Friday night with the Finaus, exchanged gifts and played with the baby. She is so funny! Kristen gave Emma a little sewing kit, and later Emma told us, "I've never been so excited about scissors in my life!" Saturday morning we made a breakfast of smoked sausage, red potatoes and eggs, then we went shopping in Orem with the rest of Utah County. At Burlington Coat Factory, we found a beautiful dress for Lauren for her baptism. After a quick stop at the Lukes to exchange gifts, we were on the road to Las Vegas by 2:45pm.
One funny thing Lauren said in the car was, "Dad, you don't have the spirit of sitting in that seat." (He was taking a turn in the passenger seat while I drove, and complained about handing back food and getting movies ready for them.)
We got to Vegas at about 7:15pm Pacific Time. Last night we slept on our air mattress until 2:00am when we realized we were really close to the ground and smashed together in the middle of the bed. We made due with the couch and a recliner until morning. Today priority number one is getting a new bed.
Lauren got some lip gloss from Aunt Kristen and Uncle Manase. Baby loved it so much, her mom bought her some too.
I like to think Oliviana is showing pure joy at wearing the nightgown I made for her.

We gave Oliviana an AquaDoodle for Christmas. We think she likes the spray function on the water pen the best.

4 comments:

weasel said...

Thanks for coming guys - for some odd reason Nase was convinced that you didn't get there until 10pm - I was right he was wrong!!!! We had lots of fun, O keeps asking where you guys "goed"!

Shannon said...

Looks like fun--Lauren is such a nut.

Anonymous said...

I am thrilled that you went to Vegas and didn't attempt the trip here this year, the Gorge having been closed for three days now. We are starting to look at each other like people at Red Lobster eyeing the lobster...I want to either kill and eat someone or just kill them---snow-bound spelled backwards spells THIS SUCKS.

Shannon said...

After reading Mom's comment I am scared for my life. She is not the person you want to be stuck in a house with for very long.