Saturday, May 30, 2009

End of School Year

The last day of school was yesterday! The last 2 weeks were packed with all kinds of activities. I managed to sub 2 days each of the last 2 weeks, so I felt like I participated in some of the craziness. Landon's class went to an Ag Expo, hiked the Cress Creek trail then ate lunch at the splash park and played in the water, in addition to a big pizza party on the last day of school for all the kids who passed off their multiplication facts. I picked up 17 pizzas and helped serve them to the kids yesterday.
Emma's class did a big play/program about Lewis and Clark (performed it 3 times), had an Idaho History day at the park (Landon dressed up as a mountain man and demonstrated traps and black powder guns while I subbed in his classroom that day), and had a field trip to the Rex, which is a movie theater, bowling alley and games center. The whole 4th grade reserved it for the day.
Lauren's class had a talent show for all the parents one day, and went to the Nature Park on the last day of school. They also finished work on a very involved and interesting pine cone project. Lauren's teacher collects pine cones from all different kinds of trees and had the kids do a report on about 10 different types of pine cones. I'll have to find it and take a picture.
In addition to all of those activities, there was field day (I was there that day subbing for a 4th grade class), and 2 different parties for kids who earned a bunch of AR points with their reading.
It was such a relief to be done with school yesterday! It was early out because it was the last day of school, so I took the girls to the splash park to play and to celebrate summer being here. It was really fun to sit under a tree and watch the girls play in the water with thousands of other kids. This school year went by really fast, but we're all looking forward to lots of fun times this summer.
I let Emma take the camera with her to the Idaho History day and to the Rex field trip. She literally came home with 101 pictures. I selected a few for the blog:

Emma's friend, Gillian. She tends to attract friends who resemble her. This picture reminds me that we're currently shopping for an orthodontist. We're looking forward to a $4000 round of braces and at least 4 permanent teeth pulled within the next 3 months. Here's pictures of Annie, Katrina and Cassie...all her good friends.

3 comments:

weasel said...

Wow - packed week or two! Sounds like fun, I really like the last few wks of school...not much work! lol
That's cool that Emma's getting braces at this age and doesn't have to do it in jr high or later - that would suck! I have missed not going to Big Judds the last few times...I don't usually like hamburger too often - but those are freaking awesome!

Shannon said...

I think that Idaho must have the corner on fun stuff--even school sounds fun.

Anonymous said...

Great photos, Emmsa!!