Friday night Emma had a party with 6 girlfriends (Lauren got to invite 1 friend) from her class. They had just finished reading the book, Holes, in class and Emma invited her friends over to watch the Holes movie, eat pizza, and visit some neighbors who raise a variety of reptiles in their home. The girls had a blast. We got all of them home by 10:00pm!


Emma's friends are Katrina, Cami, Jessica, Maddie, Emily and Olivia. Two of the girls had Mr. LeFevre for 3rd grade at Kennedy, while Emma was at Lincoln. They just happened to become friends when they got to the middle school. Lauren's friend is Samantha...a really cute girl with a personality as silly as Lauren's.


They girls loved watching the movie and talking about the things that were the same and what was different in the book.




In the book and movie, the yellow-spotted lizard was a deadly threat to the boys. That lizard is fictional, but they used the bearded dragon as a model for it, then painted spots on it and digitally added a collar thing around the lizard's neck. Our neighbors have about 6 bearded dragons that the girls were able to hold and learn about. They're actually really cool...soft, tame, friendly. The girls also got to pet and hold an iguana, and look at different types of geckos, chameleons, turtles, and other stuff I don't know the names of.
4 comments:
Having seen the movie when I saw the lizards in your pictures I was a little freaked out but what a cool idea for a party.
That looks like so much fun...don't think I would have touched the reptiles though - they are a bit creepy! Does Emma only pick friends that have glasses, ha ha - I noticed like four of her friends have them.
I bet their teacher thought this party was a great idea, what a great way to reinforce what the girls read. Maybe they will all get better grades on the test too!
Wow! How creative is that? We need to get together soon...I'm needing a party and I need to get my "fix" of you guys!
Post a Comment